When Google launched last week their new ‘personalized with Google+’ results, I found it to be aggravating, to say the least. So this entry is about
How To Stop G+ Searches in Google Permanently
While clicking on the button here allows us to disable G+ searches for the current search, and perhaps the entire browser session, doing so will not prevent this for reccuring in the next browser session or after we rebooted our computers.
To stop G+ searches permanently, follow the insturctions here:
- First, go to www.google.com
- Then, look at the upper right hand corner of the screen, and find the ‘gear’ icon.
- Click on the gear and select ‘Search settings’.
- The next screen is your Search Settings screen. Scroll down until you see the section titled ‘Personal results’
- Now, click on the button next to ‘Do not use personal results’
- And finally, make sure you click ‘Save’, below.
That’s it. Now we stopped allowing Google to show G+ searches.